Articles

13/07/2014

On Dealing...

Despite the fact that I slept under the tree last night, and in fact Im currently looking at the same dam tree in my peripheral vision right now with another night ahead under it, and I threw a wee tantrum around six AM when I was freezing my tonka off and couldn't sleep, Im barring up as well as could be expected to this new hell.

I've had better weekends, lets put it that way, but I'm not (quite) dead yet.

Was fairly pissed this morning when I ran out of food money, went to trade in my Oyster travel card for the deposit, and found that the bastards are putting the refund on my card and it won't be on there for days, but such is reality.

When you're down to your last straw, the world takes said straw away from you, and then you realise you've got two choices: make a new straw or lay down and die.

I, for example, found a new straw and went and read Tricked, book 4 of The Iron Druid Chronicles, in Waterstones all day, with surprisingly frequent toilet brakes and marvelling at how stupid it is to not open shops till mid morning and the close them mid afternoon, when there's customers trying to get it several hours before and after the retarded Sunday trading law hours.

10 more hours. 10 hours and the park I'm sleeping in tonight reopens at dawn,, I'll have my benefits and can pay my rent for this entire week whilst having a good 50 left over for solid nutritious meals to get my college work done on.

7 weeks and counting down until I finish my certification course, plus a couple more for retakes and getting into paid police training. My confidence is growing on that score now I'm starting to memorise stuff like the meaning and year of PACE 1984 for example.

Nothing to worry about after tonight excepting getting my college work done, and getting a lot of exercise.

If I make it till dawn, I can deal, no worries.

Just got to stay away from people. It never goes well when I try to interact with people.

Yeah.