Articles

29/06/2014

On Sunday...

Woke up. Played TOME: Immortal Arena. Ate chicken, bacon, sweetcorn mayo sammitches, now eating cereal and watching Californication. It's a a life. One step above a death anyway.

---

I hate eating Cheerios. You fill a bowl with them. Pour in the milk. And then half of them pour off the side of the bowl and onto the floor. I mean, what idiot invented a food which, when you add the essential ingredient to make it more than eating cardboard, results in said food evacuating the fucking container 99% of it's consumers use to contain the food whilst eating it.

... o-o ...

I normally eat muesli which soaks up the milk...fuck me, why am I writing about mass produced breakfast food?

...Could be because I've not done anything apart from play games, watch TV and sleep in the last few days and I've not gotten to working on anything yet. Might be an idea to leave this alone until tonight.

---

To be frank...ah, that's how I got a dent in my shin flesh; I've been pressing it up against the desk. That's kind of disturbing. Anyway...and now he's forgotten what the hell he was going to say...

...OH: To be frank, I'm wishing tomorrow wouldn't come. I don't want to move out of where I'm currently living. It's nice, it's quite, it's got everything I need on a daily basis and I'm not disturbed.

And instead, in a week tomorrow I'll be shipping all my shit to a new place, which I will be exceptionally lucky isn't a hostel environment, isn't a hostile environment [see what I did there], and at the very least lets me to get to the end of my police certification course.

Can't ignore the world, I just don't want to deal with this right now. Anyway, going to finish eating and then get on with something productive.

--- // ---

Played some more TOME: Immortal Arena. Tried buying things instead of just clicking auto-buy all the time, and scored highly with their archer champion.

The game is a long way off being perfect. The client, as I said yesterday, is buggy, the statistics are imbalanced up the wazoo, the champion roster isn't iconic, and the UI needs to be redone to account for UI design principles [chat box to the left people].

Most of this will probably be addressed during the closed beta though, except for the UI cus I don't see em changing that.

With that said, the gameplay is very arcade and fast paced, and to play it you need only worry about positioning and attacking, not last hitting and meta-tactics.

It's not the traditional Defense of the Ancients MOBA, but it is somewhere between a twin-stick topdown shooter and a MOBA, and I find everything from the gameplay focus to the shorter match length refreshing after the 60 minuet noob fest that Summoners Rift can turn into sometimes.

GG Kixeye, GG.

---

Getting a shower and then going to write something on games design or do some college work. Haven't yet decided.

--- // ---

Wrote something on avatars in computer games and finally got rid of this mental fog I've been swimming in this weekend.

http://codexmundusgamesthesis.blogspot.co.uk/p/primer.html

Check out that on Avatars [when I've posted it from this word document I have here anyway].

Posting this now because I'm going to be writing and that for the rest of the day properly.

Bai.