Articles

06/06/2014

On Events...

Mornink.

Just woke up from half a nights sleep, which might also might be called a nap I suppose. More or less going to be back to normal now. Sleep tonight, at night, and wake up early for college and I should be OK from now on.

---

The writing of this blog is helping me tons for some reason. Getting my head straightened out so I don't feel so apathetic. Passing my Day 1 helps too. If I had failed that I probably wouldn't give a shit right now, especially with this bloody tribunal with the council coming up.

However, if I get hired as a policeman then they pay during training and I can start putting a dent in my debt backlog. Thirty less a week to cover paying back housing benefit isn't too bad really seeing as I'll be earning twice or more than what I receive on benefits, with pay rises to follow, whilst doing something I expect I'll enjoy. The Day 1 was a lot more fun than I expected, especially the roleplaying whereby we interviewed people about behavioral issues.

Anyway, going to go cancel the tribunal and just arrange them to dock my job seekers allowance pro tem and pay it all off when I'm hired with the police.

I mean, yes, I was entitled to it, and used it for the intended purpose, but a] I don't have time to run around collecting evidence and formulating a speech and blah blah blah, and b] if it goes badly wrong for some unknown reason they can cause even more damage with fines and records and all sorts of nonsense.

Better to invest my time in trying to get hired as a copper, take this dent to my ongoing finances now, and then cherish being employed later on.

I want to post on it in the future [On Goverments...] but for now I'm putting it in abeyance.

---

Doing my college work today. Probably won't get through all of it, but I should be able to get the spade work done and be caught up by the middle of next week, no problem.

---

Taken all but one dose of the mucus cough meds I bought and I can still taste something when I cough so it's doctor time on Monday I think cus this isn't just a cold or something.

The pharmacist in Sainsburys said that if you taste nasty when you cough then it's probably an infection.

Doesn't hurt, like in my throat, and I've never coughed up bloody or even odd colored mucus, so it can't be that bad, but it is bloody persistent as hell and I need it gone in the next two weeks.

---

Before next Wednesday I need to start organizing the forms I need to hand in during the Day 2.

Nothing too serious really. The nasty stuff was prior to the Day 1 with the aptitude, intelligence and personality testing. Day 2 is all about medical and employment details plus posting preference.

Posting preference sounds awesome to me because I've lived in three areas of London since I've been here and like each of them quite a bit. I know the areas like. Obviously I'll try to move around and check out different boroughs of London for experience and so forth because if I'm gonna be a copper then I'll try to be the best one I can be. But I know these areas so it's good I can start out here.

I need to see to the forms before Wednesday because as I've been unemployed so long I need to get a reference from the job center for the Day 2, and I check in with them on next Wednesday so I can get what I need from them then.

Around all this, before 20/06/14, I need to do some serious exercise for the medical testing too. Already mentioned it previously but I haven't been running due to the bronchitis and this lingering cough, the medical includes a fitness test so.

---

After that I just need to find somewhere new to live by the 23rd of June.

Start hunting down a new place on the 16th, a week before hand, because most properties available for people on housing benefits are privately rented and available soonest and taken quickly. Look for a place on the 16th and I could be moving in on the 17th style of thing.

Shouldn't be too hard if I can place a large deposit down, though I'm going to be careful to find somewhere I like. Can't be having housing issues and arguments with the flatmates whilst trying to finish off my college course and get into police training.

---

Finding new accommodation is a ways off though. At the moment I'm thinking in the short term.
  • College Work Catchup
  • Cancel the Tribunal
  • Find a Doctor
  • Take care of Day 2 Forms
  • Get some Exercise
Then find somewhere new to live.

GG.

PS: I swear I'm going to visually upgrade my blog at some point and make another for computer games and fantasy lore and books and art and things. Just, as should be plain by now, busy as a fuck.